On today’s menu we have the ultimate treat! This waffle recipe is ”free from” everything – it’s gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and fat free. Yet the waffles are crunchy, scrumptious, and taste incredible. So all of this without the usual butter, sugar wheat flour etc.
I eat the same breakfast every morning – oats, berries and eggs. Sometimes it’s nice to mix it up a little bit and eat ”treats” instead. Fortunately form those ingredients you can whip up so many amazing things!
For the apple sauce I use usually the one you get from the baby food isle! You can also use for example apple-pear sauce (if you can’t find plain apple). Baby foods are often free from sugar and added ingredients and cheaper than fancy prganic & ”free from” jams and sauces. You can use apple sauce to sub oil & fat in baking, so I always have some in my press. Also vanilla extract is something essential when you bake, it just makes any kind of treat taste better!
Happy baking! xxx
————————————————————HEALTHY OAT WAFFLES
Makes 1 Servings
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 C Cold water
- 1,5 Tbsp Apple sauce (sugar free)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Stevia (or truvia/xylitol/any sweetener)
- 50 gr Oats (grind in a blender)
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- Whisk eggs lightly. Add water, apple sauce and vanilla and whisk together.
- Grind oats in a blender. Mix together in a separate bowl oats, baking powder and stevia.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ones.
- Switch your waffle iron on and let the batter rest until the iron is hot. Spray oil on the plates and puor batter into the iron. Depending on the size of your waffle iron the batter makes 1 – 1,5 waffles. Waffle will be ready in 3-5 minutes. Check that the color is golden and surface crunchy.
- Enjoy with fresh berries!