My first time in Thessaloniki leave me unforgettable moments that I will remember for a long time. It’s a city where you can make a friend’s just walking on the road. Everybody seems friendly and calm according to people in Athens.
I planned my trip 2 months before I traveled by plane from Spain to Athens I stayed in Athens just for two days as I wanted to see the Acropolis and some other Archeological places and then I moved to Thessaloniki.
I couldn’t wait to arrive at my hotel to leave my luggage and staff I was holding in the bus for such a long time, and start exploring the city. As I was on the bus I said to my self over twenty times oh! You should go there. I saw some wonderful places for photos so i had to be patient. I was excited I left my personal things in my room and the first thing I decided to do was eat and try the local kitchen. I tried some amazing recipes for the food there were remarkable as locals are known for their good taste.
Here is my list of things that I believe you should definitely do in Thessaloniki!
- Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum
- Museum of Byzantine Culture
- Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art
Places to visit
- White tower- Which is City’s Landmark
- Aristotelous Square which is the biggest of the city and has every store that you are looking for in bars, restaurants, cafes etc.
- Ladadika for great nightlife amazing bars
- Mom’s cooking
- Marea sea Spirit
Places that worth a visit if you have time and there (closed) to Thessaloniki
- Serres: The second largest city in Macedonia
- Thasos: Is a green island with high mountains and wonderful beaches. You can visit the island on a day trip but its definitively worth spending more days.
- There are Ferry Boats from Kavala Harbor and Keramoti.
- Virginia, the Spectacular site of the Macedonian royal tombs
Useful links for transportation that I used a lot and might help you Exploring the city.
- ThessBike-http: //www.thessbike.gr/en/
- Oasth-http: //oasth.gr/
- Rent a Car Thessaloniki